Automotive Car Care Service For The Spring
Spring is the perfect time to have Audia Chevrolet inspect your car and to ensure it's up to date with all required maintenance. Below are a few basic tips to get you started for spring driving.
§ Hitting potholes can throw your car’s front end out of
alignment. If your car is pulling when driving, then
you may have a problem and need to have your
§ Rain is a common spring driving hazard. Tires can
hydroplane on a layer of water; losing contact with
the road and causing the vehicle to skid, slow down
during a rain storm.
§ Spring rain can also dampen visibility. It’s important
to check all vehicles operating lights. These lights are
important and help you to see, but also serve as a way
to with other motorists.
Cleaning the Dirt and Grim from Your Vehicle -
Use these car washing tips & tricks
1. Use a sponge or mitt designed for automotive use a
lamb's wool mitt is ideal.
2. Start at the top of the vehicle and move down; (the bottom accumulates the most dirt,
and starting at the top will reduce the possibility of dragging dirt to the other parts of
3. To avoid scratching your paint, repeatedly clean your wash rag and refill the bucket
water if it's very dirty.
4. Use a different wash rag for your car than your tires.
5. In the same manner that you washed from the top to the bottom, spray off the soap
starting at the top and move down the vehicle.
6. Spray the wheel wells thoroughly as well as underneath the vehicle to remove dirt
7. Avoid water spotting by drying the car immediately with a chamois or a 100% cotton
terry cloth towel.
8. For finishing touches, a microfiber cloth works nicely.
- Wash your car in a cool, shady area to avoid streaking and to reduce water spotting.
- Use car wash soap and not dish soap (some soaps can strip the wax and damage the
- Fill a large bucket with lots of water. Dirt will settle to the bottom, cleaner water will
stay at the top.
- To remove stubborn stains such as insects, road tar, tree sap and bird droppings, try
using undiluted car wash soap. Using a sponge, apply the product full strength directly
onto the spots, let penetrate for 3-5 minutes then wash off with water.
Visit Audia Chevy website and book your appointment today.