Get involved with Earth Day on April 22-- We at Audia Chevrolet understand that as a business we have a responsibility to our community and to the planet. Being a green facility is not new for us, we do our part everyday to protect our environment. Here is a list of things that we do to protect the environment.
- Fluid recycling: All fluids removed from your vehicle are recycled: Engine oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid and differential fluid.
- Batteries: When a new battery is installed in your car, the old battery is returned to the factory where it is processed and all the elements of the battery are recycled.
- Tires: All worn tires are recycled.
- Scrap metal: Your vehicle is assembled using many different types of metals: steel, cooper, aluminum, brass, etc. All metals are separated and recycled.
- Part recycling and Re-manufacturing: Many vehicle parts are removed and sent back to the factory to be re-manufacturer and used again. This saves you money on future part’s purchase and also helps saves the planet.
- Parts Cleaning Solvents: All solvents and chemicals used to clean your engine and other components are environmentally friendly and recycled.
- Shop Rages and Uniforms: Our shop rags and uniforms are cleaned using environmentally friendly products.
- Facility Maintenance: We do not wash our floors using any harmful chemicals. In fact, we use a solid compound to absorb all oils, grease and other liquids, which is then recycled. No contaminates ever reaches the environment or ground water.
- Windshields, Glass and Other Body Components: All windshields, glass and nearly every body part is recycled, to be used again in the manufacturing of new vehicles and other products.
- We use recycled oil to heat some of our buildings.
- We also do not pave our car storage lots and keep them in grass to prevent run-off and aid in groundwater retention for local well
We encourage other business' and people in the community to do the same to live a healthier, cleaner environment and protect the planet for our future.